A real estate buyer’s agent represents the consumer who is purchasing the property in the real estate transaction. This agent owes full fiduciary responsibilities, duties, and loyalty to the real estate buyer.
The buyer’s agent works for the buyer client and has the client’s best interests in mind throughout the entire real estate transaction process.
Work with an experienced Buyer’s Agent.
Today, most homebuyers begin their quest on the Internet, however, this is just a starting place for home purchases.
To be sure your next purchase meets your needs, you’ll need a competent Buyer’s Agent who represents your best interests. He or she should be familiar with the local residential market. An experienced agent is best.
Why use a Real Estate Buyer’s Representative?
As a consumer, how often do you buy real estate? Once, twice, three times in your lifetime?
Purchasing real estate is a complex and major transaction with many details to be handled. In the majority of cases, the seller will be represented by an agent. Wouldn’t you want to have complete and fair representation in the real estate transaction?
The real estate Buyer’s Agent is responsible for protecting their clients’ best interests. Though the Buyer’s Agent is typically paid through commission from the seller, the Buyer’s Agent’s legal responsibility is to care for the interests of the Buyer.
A Buyer’s Representative Will:
- Evaluate your specific needs and wants of the buyer and locate properties that fit those specifications
- Assist you in determining the amount that you can afford (prequalify), and show properties in that price range and locale.
- Assist in viewing properties by accompanying you on showings, or previewing the properties on your behalf to ensure that the identified specifications are met.
- Research the selected properties to identify any problems or issues to help you make an informed decision prior to making an offer to purchase the property.
- Advise you on structuring an appropriate offer to purchase the selected property.
- Present the offer to the seller’s agent and the seller on your behalf.
- Negotiate on your behalf to help obtain the identified property— keeping your best interests in mind.
- Assist in securing appropriate financing for the selected property.
- Most importantly, fully represent you throughout the real estate transaction.